Since 1897 Riverside Memorial Chapel has been a respected name in Jewish funeral service, endeavoring to make a time of loss for each family as bearable as possible.
Not dealing with death on a daily basis, people do not realize that there is a "normal" process in handling an innumerable amount of details. At Riverside Memorial Chapel, we pride ourselves on having a large number of full-time Licensed Funeral Directors and support staff helping you to cohesively orchestrate the timely, dignified last wishes of your loved one.
The reputation and goodwill of Riverside Memorial Chapel, has been carefully stitched together over these past 110 years, during which time we have earned a reputation for fairness, honest dealing, sensitivity to special secular and religious needs, and professionalism.
|1897||Founded by Louis Meyers as "Meyers Livery Stable" on Norfolk Street on the Lower East Side of Manhattan|
|1905||Name changed to "Meyers Undertakers" and moved to 54 East 109th Street in Manhattan|
|1916||Name changed to "Meyers & Company" and moved to 228 Lenox Avenue (at 122nd Street) in the fashionable Harlem section of Manhattan|
|1926||4-story facility built at present location, 180 West 76th Street and Amsterdam Avenue in Manhattan, consisting of a large Chapel with fixed pews, with vaulted ceilings 2 stories high (now known as the "Gothic Chapel"), some arrangement rooms, a casket selection room, three elevators and a spacious lobby.|
|1933||"Meyers & Company" divides into two separate companies: "Riverside Memorial Chapel" which remains at the present location at 180 West 76th Street in Manhattan and "Parkwest Chapels", located at 79th Street and Columbus Avenue, also in Manhattan.|
|1935||The first "Riverside Memorial Chapel" opened in Miami Florida on Douglas Road|
|1938||"Riverside Memorial Chapel" in Brooklyn is erected on Ocean Parkway at Park Circle|
|1940||"Riverside Memorial Chapel" in the Bronx is completed on the Grand Concourse and 179th Street|
|1950||"Riverside Memorial Chapel" in Westchester County (just north of New York City) opens its doors|
|1961||"Riverside Memorial Chapel" goes public under he parent corporation of "Kinney Service Corporation"|
|1971||"Kinney Service Corporation", including "Riverside Memorial Chapel" purchased by Service Corporation International|
|1997||"Riverside Memorial Chapel" celebrates 100 years of service to the Jewish Community|